Trying the Sensation of Balinese Spicy Food
Beside Bali offers amazing panorama or amazing view, Bali also has many delicious and savory traditional foods. Sometimes, the traditional food is spicy like lawar, satay lilit and serombotan. Talk about serombotan, do you have tasted Serombotan before? If you didn’t have taste serombotan, I would give you some information about this food.
Serombotan is one of Balinese food which comes from Klungkung Regency. Serembotan is made by many kind of vegetables, such us long bean, bean sprouts, spinach, water spinach and eggplant. It is added with grated coconut mixed with spices and chili sauce with lime juice. The process to make this food is bit difficult because this food used by many flavor. You also can make it by yourself.
The Processes to Make Serombotan
1. Boiled the all the vegetable such as long bean, bean sprouts, spinach, water spinach expect eggplant. Beside of that, you must add red bean, peanuts and black peanut.
2. Cutting the vegetable into small size and easily to eat.
3. Prepare the 2 flavors; the first is made by coconut grated and mix with union, chili, salt, shrimp paste and little bit Balinese sugar which has been pulverized. This flavor called by “Base Nyuh”.
4. The second flavor is made by peanuts, union, chili, salt, shrimp paste and little bit Balinese sugar whichhas beenpulverized.
5. After that, sauté the first and second flavor with little oil and into the smell is good.
6. If you like spicy, you can made “unyah sere limo’, it’s made by chili, salt, shrimp paste and lime juice.
7. And the last, put all the vegetable and bean in plate and seasoning by the all flavor.
Serombotan is one of food street, you will find the stall selling this food in all regency of Bali, not just in Klungkung. This food is covered by banana leaf and makes this food looking very delicious. You will get the unique sensation when you eat this food because the savory and sweet is combined to be one.