Hello Bali traveler! Hope you have a wonderful day. It is great day to tell about one of Bali new famous tourist Attraction. Bali! If talking about Bali, we can image the beautiful nature and awesome culture and tradition. Well, beside that Bali offer the unique and historical places to visit in Bali. Bali also has many delicious foods and one of them is Jukut Urab.
This dish is a Balinese version of urab, urab itself is an Indonesian food consists of mixed vegetable with spices and coconut dressing. Now you can call this dish a sort of salad. It is really nice to accompany Tum Ayam . What makes it different with urab from other part of Indonesia? The sauce of Javanese Urab is steaming process but Balinese Urab is grilling the coconut. It is very easy to find this food, because every Balinese Food Stall sell this food.
This article will give the recipe, and you can try to make it for yourself
– 100 gr bean sprouts, blanched
– 100 gr yard-long beans, cut and blanched
– 100 gr spinach, cut and blanched
– Flesh from one fresh coconut
– 1 cm fresh lesser galangal, finely chopped
– 1 tsp black peppercorn
– 2 lime leaves, very finely chopped
– 150 gr sambal embe (see below)
– 1 tsp granulated sugar
– juice of 2 leprous limes (if unavailable, use kaffir limes)
– Remove the dark skin from the coconut, toast the flesh over hot coals or under the grill until light brown, then grate it coarsely.
– Use a pestle and mortar to pound the lesser galangal with the peppercorns into a fine paste, then season with salt.
– Put the blanched vegetables into a serving dish and stir in the lime leaves, sambal embe, sugar, lime juice, salt, coconut and spice paste.
– 1/2 tsp roasted dried shrimp
– 12-15 tbs coconut oil (I used vegetable oil since it was difficult to find coconut oil)
– 150 gr shallots, finely sliced
– 25 gr garlic, finely sliced
– 8 bird’s eye chillies sliced
– Juice of 2 leprous limes (if unavailable use kaffir limes)
– Use a pestle and mortar to pound the shrimp paste and a little salt to a paste.
– Heat the coconut oil and deep fry the shallots and garlic separately until golden and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to kitchen paper and leave to drain.
– Pour all but 2 tbs or the oil out of the wok, add the chilies and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
– Remove the wok from the heat and stir in the shallots, garlic, shrimp paste mixture and lime juice.
It is recommended food to eat in Paradise Island when you get holiday, where you just book your trip through a reliable travel agency. I believe your trip will be awesome and unforgettable experience.